Smithfield Foods, inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Smithfield Foods, inc.
- Job Locations
- FLSA Status
- 1st Shift
Production employees are routinely required to perform a variety of tasks that require:
- Manual material handling
- The use of hand tools
- The use of knives
- Operating machinery and equipment
- Continuous standing in one location for long periods (up to 2-3 hours before break)
- Working at fixed workstation locations which are conveyor line paced.
- Walking long distances , sometimes on wet, uneven and slippery surfaces
- Climbing or moving ladders, steps, stairwells and platforms
- Carrying, lifting, lowering, pushing, pulling of heavy and or awkward objects or loads.
- Lifting and lowering objects up to 60 lbs.
- Pushing or pulling of heavy roller carts, bins, or transport containers.
- Working in cold environments of 20° to 45° F
- Working in hot environments exceeding 100° F
- Frequent contact with animal fats
- Frequent static and/or awkward work postures with neck and spine flexion while grasping, pinching, pulling, lifting, extending, flexing the hands and arms.
- A variety of arm and hand movements are required in applying force, movement and repetition
- Using and maintaining a variety of knives, hand tools, powered tools, equipment, electrical devices, controls and possibly powered industrial trucks.
- Being able to understand and follow oral and written instruction from supervisors and designated staff
- Additional essential functions may be applicable to specific jobs
- Competent and trustworthy to comply with federal inspection programs and company safety and health policies.
- Maintain regular and predictable attendance.
- Be available to work scheduled hours, which may include mandatory overtime, depending upon production demands.
- Ability to run injector/massager
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs.
- Must have basic math skills (need to work in percentages)
- Follow blending procedures for making pickle
- Must be able to operate a mototruck and/or forklift
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Work Environment & Physical Demands
The work is physically demanding and can require the use of some or all body parts and muscle groups. Good hand-eye coordination and upper extremity motor skills are essential for most job tasks. Additional essential functions may be applicable to specific jobs. Please notify the Human Resources Department if you believe that you cannot perform any of the requirements or activities listed below.
Smithfield, is an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, gender identity, protected veterans status or status as a disabled individual or any other protected group status or non-job related characteristic as directed by law.