Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Field Service Engineer - Aero Team
at Makino, Inc
Makino is a world leader in metal-cutting and machining technology. As a leader in the advanced manufacturing machine tool technology, Makino enables its customers to realize the highest level of quality with the fastest time to market. When companies make the parts that matter for automotive, aerospace, medical, die/mold and other industries worldwide, they make them with Makino.
As a leading provider of advanced 5-axis horizontal machining centers for the aerospace industry, Makino is expanding its service capacity and capabilities to help maintain the growing volume of highly sophisticated equipment continue to operate at peak efficiency.
As Makino embarks on this new initiative, we are seeking skilled professionals with a passion for servicing high-tech machine tools in the aerospace industry.
This Field Service Engineer is a member of the Aero Machinery Service Support Department. This team will provide detailed technical knowledge and support for the teams’ products. It is the team’s responsibility to satisfy the needs of customers utilizing the teams’ products. This position will service the Wichita, KS region with occasional national travel.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Train customer and Field Service Engineers on team product line equipment at customers’ facility
- Demonstrate mastery of troubleshooting and repairing equipment at customers’ sites
- Provide communication link between customer and Makino
- Create and develop procedural documentation
- Use and update product support computer network
- Rotational Phone Technician
A team member is expected to participate in additional roles to provide the highest level of experience possible for our customers, as well as strengthening the team. Examples of these roles are:
- Training Instructor
- Support the Documentation Team as a Subject Matter Expert
- Strong ability to participate outside of the team product line
- Mentor and develop other personnel as required
- Other projects/duties as assigned
- Quickly penetrate a problem and solve it using a highly developed “technical problem intuition” even when the product or problem is less than familiar
- Mentor to the team and customer
- Excellent communication and customer relation skills
- Present professional image
- Outstanding technical knowledge and logical troubleshooting across team product line
- Rational decision making
- Project leadership
- Marketing and service intelligence gathering
- Willing to travel weekly
- 2 Year Technical degree (Electrical/Automation) and 2 or more years' experience in a related field (desired), or similar mechanical skills/experience (a co-op, internship or job in a manufacturing environment), and a stable work history.
- Educational knowledge of electronics is a must.
We believe that the interests of our company and people are inseparable and we are committed to developing a diverse team of creative and independent professionals. Employees enjoy a stable work environment from a company with years of success and growth in the machine tool industry. We offer competitive pay, generous benefits and ongoing training.
Makino is proud to be an EEO/M/F/Disabled/Vets employer