Kansas City Southern Railway
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
SCCM Software Distribution Engineer
at Kansas City Southern Railway
The Software Distribution Engineer is responsible for automating patch updates and software deployment on enterprise workstations and servers. The successful candidate will have intermediate to advanced knowledge of enterprise patch management, software distribution, operating system deployment, and relevant Microsoft tools.
- Administer SCCM application and solution architecture;
- Automate patch releases and configuration changes;
- Remediate vulnerabilities based on internal security reports;
- Coordinate with other IT staff, IT security, and outside consultants to enhance IT systems;
- Build unattended installation packages for enterprise software applications;
- Coordinate release schedules with Desktop Services, Help Desk, and Data Center Operations;
- Provide Tier 3 support for incidents related to software distribution and patching events;
- Create, maintain, and update software distribution solution documentation and standard operating procedures;
- Generate reports to provide progress updates for IT management;
- Exemplify KCS Vision, Values, and Culture in each and every interaction with team, clients, and stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s degree in IT, Computer Science, Business or related field;
- 1 year experience with Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM/ConfigMan) or Microsoft Systems Management Server (SMS);
- Or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Microsoft Certified System Engineer preferred;
- Microsoft Systems Center Orchestrator (SCORCH) experience preferred;
- ITIL v3 Certification preferred.
- Advanced level administrator skills for Windows Desktop OS;
- Intermediate level administrator skills for Windows Server OS;
- Advanced understanding of software distribution and patch management concepts;
- Experience creating and deploying Windows Operating System images;
- Experience building unattended installation packages for client applications;
- Experience deploying software updates and managing client health;
- Proficient in Microsoft tools and infrastructure including Active Directory, Group Policy Objects, Powershell, Microsoft Deployment Toolkit (MDT), Microsoft Desktop Optimization Pack (MDOP), and Microsoft Office;
- Excellent troubleshooting skills; Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
The duties listed are representative of the job; however, it in no way states or implies that these are the only duties a person may be required to perform. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or is an essential function of the position.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer/Veteran/Disabled. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.