Kansas City Southern Railway
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
PTC Assessment Control Analyst
at Kansas City Southern Railway
This position will be responsible for assisting with all efforts within the PTC Lab or Field team in the development, execution, and review of all test case scenarios used to validate the functional requirements of KCS’ PTC system. Additional position responsibilities include proper documentation of test case outcomes for technical and management review and for regulatory compliance.
- Develops, administers, and executes PTC Test Cases that test the KCS PTC hardware and software components from end to end.
- Conducts in depth analysis to troubleshoot PTC hardware and software communication issues.
- Documents and communicates the testing results and progress against plans, taking corrective action as necessary.
- Collaborates with KCS vendors and contractors on a regular basis to ensure all hardware and software defects and issues are resolved in a timely manner.
- Develops and prepares materials for defining testing objectives to multiple subject matter experts prior to test cycles.
- Exemplifies KCS Vision, Values, and Culture in each and every interaction with team, clients, and stakeholders.
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university or technical school degree in Computer Science, Information System, Engineering or related field
- Five (5) years relevant professional experience
- or equivalent combination of education and experience
- One (1) year in network or communications management experience, or relevant technology related experience
- Three (3) years railroad or transportation experience
- Positive Train Control (PTC) experience in any of the following areas: Implementation, Installation, Integration, Testing, Project Management, Release Management, and Locomotive Components.
- Understanding of test processes, methodologies and hands-on testing experience. Ability to provide technical leadership to project resources to meet testing deadlines and objectives. Ability to consult with and develop technical resources for methods, procedures, and standards to use during testing. Capacity to review project deliverables for completeness, accuracy, quality, and compliance with established project standards. Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment.
- Intermediate Microsoft Office Suite and HPALM utilization experience
- GCOR Qualified
- May require after business hours responsibilities
The duties listed are representative of the job; however, it in no way states or implies that these are the only duties a person may be required to perform. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or is an essential function of the position.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer/Veteran/Disabled. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.