Kansas City Southern Railway
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Material Handler, Knoche (Swing 1st /2nd shift)
at Kansas City Southern Railway
The Material Handler tracks materials stock movements, both physical and in SAP. The material handler is also responsible for keeping an accurate inventory of materials stored at the Knoche Yard. The Material Handler must be able to operate a forklift safely. This position will also be responsible for all day to day activities at the CDA when the CDA Manager is in the field performing Inventory Audits.
- Receives order form from Knoche Manager and coordinates packaging and shipping of order, including the arrangement of trucks to deliver the material.
- Unloads material from inbound trucks and checks for defects and that the material received matches the information on the shipping papers.
- Tracks physical inventories, including count of materials and Knoche and other locations across the system.
- Arranges the track material in orderly storage locations and cleans trash from the property.
- Exemplifies KCS Vision, Values, and Culture in each and every interaction with team, clients, and stakeholders.
- High School Diploma - General Studies - GED - General Studies;
- 3 year(s) - Operating a forklift - year(s) ;
- or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Previous material handling is preferred.
The duties listed are representative of the job; however, it in no way states or implies that these are the only duties a person may be required to perform. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or is an essential function of the position.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.