Kansas City Southern Railway
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Kansas City Southern Railway
This position works to maximize KCS's value through optimizing cash flow via the prompt collection of Customer Accounts Receivable debt. This position strives to reduce past due delinquent accounts in effort to improve DSO and limit the risk of bad debt write-offs.
- Manages collections for non-freight receivables to include real estate, contract billing and car repair receivables.
- Researches and analyzes root cause analysis and problem solving of customer deductions and disputes.
- Works effectively with customers, internal departments, and other railroads to resolve billing disputes.
- Assists customers with information requests such as account statements, invoice copies, and contracts.
- Responds to all inquiries via phone and e-mail within a timely manner and update electronic files as appropriate.
- Provides management with account updates as requested.
- Recommends to management amounts to consider for bad debt write-off and process approved concessions within limit guidelines.
- Makes decisions related to materiality and understand when to escalate issues to management.
- Suggests organizational improvements to management to help improve efficiencies in the department.
- Participates in testing and implementing SAP changes; handles special projects as assigned.
- Exemplifies KCS Vision, Values, and Culture in each and every interaction with team, clients, and stakeholders.
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university
- Two (2) years accounting experience
- or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Bachelor's degree preferably in accounting, finance, or business
- Experience working in a team environment
- Railroad or transportation experience
The duties listed are representative of the job; however, it in no way states or implies that these are the only duties a person may be required to perform. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or is an essential function of the position.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer/Veteran/Disabled. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.