Kansas City Southern Railway
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Kansas City Southern Railway
An Assistant Signalman installs, maintains and dismantles signal structures and components such as foundations, equipment housing, cable and switches; digs, fills and tamps holes and trenches; climbs poles and ladders; operates non-power hand tools such as hammers, screwdrivers, files, wrenches, pliers, shovels, picks, axes, cutters and sledgehammers; operates manual machinery equipment; and unreels and installs wires and cables overhead and underground.
*This is a system-wide position without a determined home office*
- Ability to work in all weather conditions and up to 12 hours per day. Candidates must also be able to remain standing for more than half of the work day with periodic breaks
- This position typically works four (4) - ten (10) hour days
- The position requires extensive travel within the KCS system
- High School diploma or GED equivalent,
- 18 years old and have a valid drivers' license.
- Must be able to read and understand basic information and data provided in rule books, timetables and special instructions.
An Assistant Signalman is required to join the union. Monthly union dues are deducted from the employee's paycheck.
The duties listed are representative of the job; however, it in no way states or implies that these are the only duties a person may be required to perform. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or is an essential function of the position.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA Employer/Veterans/Disabled. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.