Correct Care Solutions
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Meddical Records Clerk
at Correct Care Solutions
Our Unit Clerk performs a variety of clerical duties related to the updating and organizing of information on the nursing units. Clerical work is coordinated within the unit as well as with other units and departments. This position is also responsible for maintaining the integrity of the medical record and other information binders used in the delivery of health services. This position will float to other units as needed to cover general clerical duties.
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Basic knowledge of office organization and management practices and procedures
- Medical Terminology, medical records management, information systems or office administration knowledge required
- None required
- Plans, organizes and implements clerical procedures, activities, and functions related to office management.
- Proficient in developing and proof reading professional correspondence.
- Maintains file management system to ensure availability of forms needed to document in the medical record. Must keep enough forms on record to facilitate efficient documentation
- Periodically purges unit files and appropriately prepares documents for archiving.
- Orients unit staff to the formant and organization of the medical record.
- The above responsibilities are a highlight of responsibilities and not a full list. Other responsibilities may be performed as assigned.